Project Dragonfly realizes that, due to COVID-19, many people are experiencing significant changes in life circumstance and may be considering graduate study. To support those searching for graduate opportunities, Dragonfly is opening its master’s degree application with a July 15, 2020, deadline to apply for fall enrollment. Accepted applicants will begin their studies on August 17, 2020.
In most cases, Dragonfly recommends that new master’s students begin the program in summer 2021, as per our standard GFP Course of Study. A typical summer start enables students to begin with a cohort of other new students and corresponds to our scaffolded course sequence.
However, to support individuals with altered life circumstances, current applicants now have two options:
- By July 15, 2020, complete the steps below including Miami University’s Graduate School application to be considered for fall 2020 admission.*
- Start preparing your application materials to submit beginning September 1 for a summer 2021 start (regular admission). The GFP deadline to apply is January 28, 2021.
See our GFP Costs page for details about our reduced tuition and fees.
*Please note that accepted GFP students who start in fall 2020 will take one three-credit course in the fall and spring terms. Be aware that taking fewer than five credit hours in any given term may affect a student’s ability to secure loans.
Our staff is available to help guide you as you consider your best options. If your plan is to apply by July 15 and you have questions, please contact Miami Adviser Jamie Bercaw Anzano at 513-529-8575, email@example.com.
GFP Application Steps
1) Let us know you are interested. Fill out the brief GFP Pre-Application “I’m Interested” form. (Note: If you have already spoken to us or received a Dragonfly email from our staff, you have likely completed this step.)I’m Interested
2) Create and complete your account in “My Project Dragonfly.” Follow the detailed instructions and share your contact, personal and academic details. (Note: Applicants using Hotmail email addresses to create their “My Project Dragonfly” accounts may not receive the activation email. Please use a different email address to create your account or, if you do not have an alternate email address, contact GFP_Masters@miamioh.edu for assistance in activating your account.)My Project Dragonfly
3) Complete your application to Miami’s Graduate School.
When completing your Graduate School application, click “Yes” that you are applying to a degree-seeking program. Indicate that you plan to enroll in part-time study. GRE scores are NOT required for application to the GFP.
In the “Program Choice” section, select either Biology (Master of Arts) or Biological Sciences (Master of Arts in Teaching). Select Fall 2020 as your admission term. Please note that you will NOT see “Global Field Program” or “GFP” initially listed here on the Graduate School application.
Before starting your application, please have or prepare the following:
- Copies of your unofficial transcripts
- Your updated résumé or CV
- Names and contact information for at least two people from whom you would like to request recommendations. NOTE: The Graduate School application will allow you to list the name and e-mail address of a third reference, but only two letters of recommendation are required to complete your application package.
- Your answers to these questions:
1) How have you translated professional opportunities, classes, or life experiences into your work? (250-word limit)
2) How do you think this experience will benefit your personal life, professional life and your community? (250-word limit)
Please note also that while it is not required that you submit your Social Security Number when you complete your Graduate School application, failure to do so can cause complications when you first login to myMiami, the library, or other systems and services on the Miami University website. While applications are accepted through July 15 and January 28, we encourage you to complete your Miami University Graduate School application as early as possible. Doing so will help ensure that all materials will be received and processed in a timely manner.
*All applicants must be at least 18 years of age and hold a bachelor’s degree.Graduate School Application
Acceptance to the Global Field Program
For Fall 2020 admission: Candidate screening begins on July 15, 2020. Applicants will be notified of their admission decision via email by August 1, 2020.
For Summer 2021 admission: Candidate screening begins on January 28 of each year. Applicants will be notified of their admission decision via email by March 15.
Note: Your admittance to the Miami’s Graduate School is not final until you receive the official letter from the Graduate School.