Applications are now open for the Global Field Program, a ground-breaking online graduate degree program that combines collaborative courses on the web with field work with key conservation organizations in Africa, Australia, Asia, and the Americas. We look forward to considering your application, and we’re excited about the prospect of your joining our Summer 2021 cohort of students in their pursuit of inquiry-driven education, environmental stewardship, ecological stewardship, and global understanding.
Apply by January 28, 2021, for summer enrollment. Accepted applicants will begin their studies on May 18, 2021.
GFP Application Steps
1) Let us know you are applying.
Fill out the brief GFP Pre-Application/ “I’m Interested” form. (Note: If you have already spoken to us or received a Dragonfly email from our staff, you have likely completed this step.)I’m Interested
2) Create and complete your account in “My Project Dragonfly.”
Follow the detailed instructions and share your contact, personal and academic details as well as indicate your Earth Expeditions field course choices. (Note: Applicants using Hotmail email addresses to create their “My Project Dragonfly” accounts may not receive the activation email. Please use a different email address to create your account or, if you do not have an alternate email address, contact GFP_Masters@miamioh.edu for assistance in activating your account.)My Project Dragonfly
3) Complete your application to Miami’s Graduate School.
The Miami University Graduate School application is now open! In order to complete it, please have ready or prepare the following:
- Copies of your unofficial transcript(s) – Miami’s Graduate School requires a bachelor’s degree
- Your updated résumé or CV
- Names and contact information for at least two people from whom you would like to request recommendations. Note: The Graduate School application will allow you to list the name and email address of a third reference, but only two letters of recommendation are required to complete your application package.
- Your answers to these questions:
- How have you translated professional opportunities, classes, or life experiences into your work? (250-word limit)
- How do you think this experience will benefit your personal life, professional life and your community? (250-word limit)
Please note also that while it is not required that you submit your Social Security Number when you complete your Graduate School application, failure to do so can cause complications when you first login to myMiami, the library, or other systems and services on the Miami University website.
While applications are accepted through January 28, we encourage you to complete your Miami University Graduate School application as early as possible. Doing so will help ensure that all components of your application package, including your letters of recommendation, will be received and processed in a timely manner.
Acceptance to the Global Field Program
For Summer 2021 admission: Candidate screening begins on January 28 of each year. Applicants will be notified of their admission decision via email by March 15.
Note: Your admittance to the Graduate School is not final until you receive the official letter from the Graduate School.
Contact: Global Field Program, email@example.com