Application Due: January 28
Earth Expeditions Application Steps
Current students: Following the instructions sent to you by email, please login to your existing account in My Project Dragonfly to submit your Earth Expeditions course choices; please do not create a new account.
Earth Expeditions courses can be taken as stand-alone graduate credit courses, or they may be taken as part of the program of study for students earning their master’s degree through the Global Field Program or Advanced Inquiry Program.
Please know that we are committed to providing our students with challenging learning experiences. In turn, we expect our students to come to class prepared to actively engage. Expect long days in the field and engaging conversations about project work with peers on the web. If you are ready to think, ask questions, search for answers, and have a mind-expanding experience, please fill out this application!
There are three ways to participate in Earth Expeditions courses; please follow the application instructions that correspond with your intention.
- Participate in an Earth Expeditions course for stand-alone graduate credit. Please follow the application steps shared below.
- Take an Earth Expeditions course as part of the program of study for the Global Field Program (GFP) or Advanced Inquiry Program (AIP). If you are interested in earning a master’s degree with the GFP or the AIP, please go directly to either program’s respective site to learn more and complete your application:
GFP Program Details
AIP Program Details
- Current master’s students who would like to submit their 2022 course request should login to their current, existing account in My Project Dragonfly using their Miami University login credentials (Miami University email address and MUnet password) then click on the link to complete their GFP or AIP Return Application.
Earth Expeditions Application Steps
1) Let us know you are applying
Fill out the brief Earth Expeditions Pre-Application/”I’m Interested” form. (Note: If you have already spoken to us or received a Dragonfly email from our staff, you have likely completed this step. If you are a current AIP or GFP student, there’s no need to complete this form. Please see information in your cohort workshop, or refer to email communications about Earth Expeditions options for current master’s students, for further information.))I’m Interested
2) Create and complete your account in “My Project Dragonfly”
Time needed: 30-45 minutes plus time to write two 250-word essays
(Note: If you are a current AIP or GFP student, please do not create a new account. If you are an AIP student, please contact your on-site AIP Master Institution adviser to discuss Earth Expeditions options)
Follow the detailed instructions on this site to share your contact, personal and academic details as well as indicate your Earth Expeditions course choices. Note: Applicants using Hotmail email addresses to create their “My Project Dragonfly” accounts may not receive the activation email. Please use a different email address to create your account or, if you do not have an alternate email address, contact EarthExpeditions@miamioh.edu for assistance in activating your account.Before clicking on the “My Project Dragonfly” link below, please review the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) here, then prepare the following:
- Your résumé or CV
- Your answers to these questions:
- How have you translated past professional opportunities, classes, or life experiences into your work? (250-word limit)
- How do you think this experience will benefit your personal life, professional life and your community? (250-word limit)
Acceptance to Earth Expeditions
The first round of successful applicants will be notified on or before March 15. Upon notice of acceptance, applicants will have 10 days to complete and submit enrollment materials. This includes an application for Continuing Graduate Status admission at Miami University, which allows individuals not pursuing a graduate degree to enroll in graduate-level courses. Information on these final steps will be provided in your acceptance letter.
Thank you for your interest in our program, and we hope you apply to Earth Expeditions!