The application deadline for all applicants is February 28 of each year for admission in the subsequent summer. All application materials should arrive by February 28. While applications are accepted through February 28, we encourage you to complete the Miami University Graduate School portion of your application well in advance of this deadline — doing so will help ensure that all materials, including your recommendations, will be received and processed in a timely manner.
1) Let us know you are applyingI’m Interested
2) Create and complete your account in “My Project Dragonfly”
Follow the detailed instructions on this site to share your contact, personal and academic details as well as indicate your target AIP Master Institution affiliate. Please Note: Applicants using Hotmail email addresses to create their “My Project Dragonfly” accounts may not receive the activation email. Please use a different email address to create your account or, if you do not have an alternate email address, contact AIP_Masters@miamioh.edu for assistance in activating your account.My Project Dragonfly
3) Complete your application to Miami’s Graduate SchoolGraduate School Application
Please note that from the Graduate School Application webpage you will complete the application that Miami University has designated for “Graduate Degree (Online Programs).” When creating your Graduate School application, under “What program are you interested in?” select Biology (Project Dragonfly) if you wish to pursue a Master of Arts in Biology or Biological Sciences (Project Dragonfly) if you wish to pursue a Master of Arts in Teach in the Biological Sciences. Select Summer 2022 as your admission term. Please note that you will NOT see “Advanced Inquiry Program” or “AIP” listed here; you will indicate your target program later when you complete your Graduate School application.
Before starting your application, please have or prepare the following:
- Copies of your unofficial transcripts. Please be sure your unofficial transcripts include:
- Your name
- The name of the academic institution
- Courses taken and grades/credit earned, and
- For the transcript from your bachelor’s degree-granting institution, the date your degree was awarded and your final cumulative GPA
- Your updated résumé or CV
- Names and contact information for at least two people from whom you would like to request recommendations. (two letters of recommendation are required to complete your application package).
- Your answers to these questions:
- How have you translated professional opportunities, classes, or life experiences into your work? (250-word limit)
- How do you think this experience will benefit your personal life, professional life and your community? (250-word limit)
Please note also that while it is not required that you submit your Social Security Number when you complete your Graduate School application, failure to do so can cause complications when you first login to myMiami, the library, or other systems and services on the Miami University website.
All applicants must be at least 18 years of age and hold a bachelor’s degree.
Acceptance to the Advanced Inquiry Program
Candidate screening will begin on February 28. Applicants will be notified about their recommendation for admission to the program via email by April 15. Note: Your admittance to the Graduate School is not final until you receive the official letter from the Graduate School.
Contact: Advanced Inquiry Program, 513-529-5103 | firstname.lastname@example.org