Project Dragonfly realizes that because of the global pandemic, many people are still experiencing significant changes in life circumstances and may be considering graduate study. To support those searching for graduate opportunities, Dragonfly is opening its AIP master’s degree application with experiential learning at some Master Institutions with a July 1, 2021, deadline to apply for fall enrollment. Accepted applicants will begin their studies on August 23, 2021.
In most cases, Dragonfly recommends that new master’s students begin the program in summer 2022, as per our standard AIP Course of Study. A typical summer start enables students to begin with a cohort of other new students and corresponds to our scaffolded course sequence.
However, to support individuals with altered life circumstances, current applicants now have two options:
- By July 1, 2021, complete the steps below including Miami University’s Graduate School application to be considered for Fall 2021 admission. Miami University is allowing a Fall 2021 start for applicants interested in the following AIP cities: Chicago, Cleveland, and St. Louis.
- Begin preparing your application materials to submit starting September 1 for a summer 2022 start (regular admission). The AIP deadline to apply is February 28, 2022. This is the traditional application due date and applies to AIP applicants in all AIP cities: Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Denver, Jacksonville, New York City, San Diego, Seattle, and St. Louis.
See our AIP Costs page for details about our reduced tuition and fees.
*Please note that some accepted AIP students who start in fall 2021 may take a three-credit course in the fall and spring terms. Be aware that taking fewer than five credit hours in any given term may affect a student’s ability to secure loans.
Our staff is available to help guide you as you consider your best options. If your plan is to apply by July 1, 2021, and you have questions, please contact Miami Adviser Jamie Bercaw Anzano at 513-529-8575, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Again, applicants interested in applying by July 1 for a Fall 2021 entry into the AIP may reside in the following AIP Master Institution locations:
- Chicago – Chicago Zoological Society/Brookfield Zoo
- Cleveland – Cleveland Metroparks Zoo
- St. Louis – Missouri Botanical Garden
AIP Application Steps
1) Let us know you are interested. Fill out the brief AIP Pre-Application “I’m Interested” form. (Note: If you have already spoken to us or received a Dragonfly email from our staff, you have likely completed this step.)
2) Create and complete your account in “My Project Dragonfly.” Follow the detailed instructions and share your contact, personal and academic details. (Note: Applicants using Hotmail email addresses to create their “My Project Dragonfly” accounts may not receive the activation email. Please use a different email address to create your account or, if you do not have an alternate email address, contact AIP_Masters@miamioh.edu for assistance in activating your account.)
3) Complete your application to Miami’s Graduate School
When starting your Graduate School application, select “Graduate Degree” as your application type. Under Admissions Information, for the questions “What Program are you applying to?” and “Degree,” please select either Biology (Master of Arts) or Biological Sciences (Master of Arts in Teaching); note that you will NOT see “Advanced Inquiry Program” or “AIP” initially listed here. Indicate that you plan to enroll in Part-Time Study. You may leave the graduate admissions test question blank; no graduate admissions test scores are required for application to the AIP.
Before starting your application, please have or prepare the following:
- Copies of your unofficial transcripts
- Your updated résumé or CV
- Names and contact information for at least two people from whom you would like to request recommendations. NOTE: The Graduate School application will allow you to list the name and e-mail address of a third reference, but only two letters of recommendation are required to complete your application package.
- Your answers to these questions:
1) How have you translated professional opportunities, classes, or life experiences into your work? (250-word limit)
2) How do you think this experience will benefit your personal life, professional life and your community? (250-word limit)
Please note also that while it is not required that you submit your Social Security Number when you complete your Graduate School application, failure to do so can cause complications when you first login to myMiami, the library, or other systems and services on the Miami University website. While applications are accepted through July 1 and February 28, we encourage you to complete your Miami University Graduate School application as early as possible. Doing so will help ensure that all materials will be received and processed in a timely manner.
For Fall 2021 admission: Candidate screening begins on July 1, 2021. Applicants will be notified of their admission decision via email by August 1, 2021.
For Summer 2022 admission: Candidate screening begins on February 28. Applicants will be notified about their recommendation for admission to the program by April 15.
Note: Your admittance to Miami’s Graduate School is not final until you receive the official letter from the Graduate School.
Contact: Advanced Inquiry Program, 513-529-5103 or email email@example.com