Applications are now open for Fall Semester admission* to the Advanced Inquiry Program, a ground-breaking online graduate degree that combines collaborative courses on the web with experiential learning through one of nine premier learning institutions across the nation. We look forward to considering your application, and we’re excited about the prospect of your joining our fall 2022 cohort of students in their pursuit of inquiry-driven education, public engagement, and ecological stewardship.
* Fall enrollment available at the following AIP Master Institutions ONLY: Cleveland Metroparks Zoo; Chicago Zoological Society/Brookfield Zoo; Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens; and Missouri Botanical Garden.
Apply by July 1, 2022, for fall enrollment. Accepted applicants will begin their studies on August 22, 2022.
AIP Application Steps
1) Let us know you are applying.
Fill out the brief AIP Pre-Application/”I’m Interested” form. (Note: If you have already spoken to us or received a Dragonfly email from our staff, you have likely completed this step.)I’m Interested
2) Create and complete your account in “My Project Dragonfly”
Follow the detailed instructions on this site to share your contact, personal and academic details as well as indicate your target AIP Master Institution affiliate. Note: Applicants using Hotmail email addresses to create their “My Project Dragonfly” accounts may not receive the activation email. Please use a different email address to create your account or, if you do not have an alternate email address, contact AIP_Masters@miamioh.edu for assistance in activating your account.My Project Dragonfly
3) Complete your application to Miami’s Graduate School
The Miami University Graduate School application is now open! In order to complete it, please have ready or prepare the following:
- Copies of your unofficial transcript(s) – Miami’s Graduate School requires a bachelor’s degree
- Your updated résumé or CV
- Names and contact information for at least two people from whom you would like to request recommendations. Note: The Graduate School application will allow you to list the name and email address of a third reference, but only two letters of recommendation are required to complete your application package.
- Your answers to these questions:
- How have you translated professional opportunities, classes, or life experiences into your work? (250-word limit)
- How do you think this experience will benefit your personal life, professional life and your community? (250-word limit)
Some important notes:
- After creating your initial account you will receive an automated confirmation message from the Miami Graduate School. Please allow about 15 minutes before following the link that is shared in this message as this much time is needed for the system to display the next part of the application on your Status Page.
- From your Status Page, you will be prompted to submit most of your application materials, including your transcripts and the names and email addresses of your recommenders. You will then need to submit your application, wait a few minutes again, and then go back to your Status Page, at which time you should now see the prompt to upload your essays and the general file upload feature that you will use to upload a copy of your résumé.
- While it is not required that you submit your Social Security Number when you complete your Graduate School application, failure to do so can cause complications when you first login to myMiami, the library, or other systems and services on the Miami University website.
While applications are accepted through July 1, we encourage you to complete your Miami University Graduate School application as early as possible. Doing so will help ensure that all components of your application package, including your letters of recommendation, will be received and processed in a timely manner.
Acceptance to the Advanced Inquiry Program
For fall 2022 admission: Candidate screening begins on July 2, 2022. Applicants will be notified of their admission decision via email by August 1.
Note: Your admittance to the Graduate School is not final until you receive the official letter from the Graduate School.
Contact: Advanced Inquiry Program, firstname.lastname@example.org